Aethernaut launches today
I'm proud to announce launch of "Aethernaut", an open world first person puzzle game set in a foreboding steampunk laboratory. Answer thoughtful philosophical questions as you complete experiments to try to save a world on the brink of peril.
Aethernaut is available now for Windows platforms via Steam.
"Freedom of choice was the most important aspect I wanted to provide players", lead developer Kevin Giguère explained. "In Aethernaut, players choose which puzzles to complete and there are no right or wrong answers to the philosophical questions. Every choice allows players to express their individuality."
The game has already won the prestigious Indie Award at Catapult 2021, as well as being an official selection for numerous exclusive showcases such as the Demo Night at 2021 and the Indie Arena Booth in tandem with Ubisoft, in 2020.
About the game
Discover the depths of your soul with AETHERNAUT, an open world first person puzzle game in the vein of Portal and Talos Principle. Set in a claustrophobic steampunk world, you must solve puzzle rooms using light, sensors, portals and time travel to gather the aether vials and access the core of the Construct.
You are guided by the voice of Cornell, a scientist helping you through the experiments and seeking to better understand who you are as a person by asking challenging philosophical questions:
- Would you rather be remembered forever as an evil tyrant, or be completely forgotten?
- Is happiness or usefulness a more important purpose in life?
- When we fall in love, do we love the real person or just our idea of that person?
Your answers will guide the path of the story as you learn why you are able to survive the deadly aether. But as you delve deeper into the abandoned Construct, an unseen entity tries to make contact, pleading for your help.
Solve the experiments and discover who you are. Will you escape the Construct before it's too late?
- Solve over 100 puzzle rooms
- Explore a vast open world by jumping, ledge grabbing and portaling
- Master the three aether cubes through light driven puzzle design
- Reveal your personality through probing questions
- Uncover the secrets of the Construct through voice recordings left by its citizens
- Discover multiple endings depending on how you complete puzzles
- Accessible gameplay with simple controls
Puzzle solvers are encouraged to discover the game today through Steam.